Its all going so quickly!!!

My kids are growing up. Sigh. I am so proud of their achievements. Avery is reading quite well, he just lost his first tooth, and is about to graduate from K4. Mary Hannah also loves school, loves to sing and dance, and holds her crayons with perfect grip! She can also form some letters shockingly well. In fact the other day I saw that she wrote on her chalkboard a few random letters ... usually her favorites right now are M, H, W, O, T, and sometimes A.

This is another milestone week for the Hughes fam. We are going to register Avery for Kindergarten! He is really fond of school this year. He usually asks me when I pick him up "Why is school over?" If it was up to him, he'd stay at school forever! I am praying that it will be the same way next year. Though his day will be 2 hours longer than it currently is, it will be 5 days a week instead of just 4, and I am pretty sure there is no napping there. I know he will do well. But I am sure it will be an adjustment for everyone!

The only problem with all of this is that there are no more babies in this house. And, yes, that IS a problem. I am praying about it. Either the Lord will bless us with a child who needs a loving home or he will have me use that need-to-nurture in another way. I am sure there are a lot of babies at the hospital who need some tender lovin! Either way, I'm good. I just can't believe that we have passed the baby stage!

So many seasoned moms have said to me, whether at my baby showers or even just in passing at the grocery store, "Enjoy it. It goes quickly!" Wow, they are right. It is flying by ...

0 comments: