What!!?!! I go to an AWESOME CHURCH!

Apparently Oasis Church, formerly known as Church of Pembroke Pines, ranks no. 17 on the list of America's Most Innovative Churches! Wow! We are the first church in South Florida to appear on that list! I didn't even know there was such a list!

Also, our church was featured on a blog called Revolution. We were part of one guy's "Church Field Trip" experiment. He is checking out churches in South Florida and reviewing his experience. He talks about their hospitality, relevance, worship, and presentation of the gospel (or lack of).

I was so excited to read that some of the author's favorite things were the worship and the coffee shop. .. because they praised Chris' hardwork. As you know, Chris leads the worship. What you may not know is the he designed and built the coffee shop. I mean actually chose the tile and stone, drew the plans, and constructed it with his own 2 hands. (Side note... he did hire someone to do the cabinetry). I always think Chris does a great job... but it is awesome to get kudos from a total stranger!

I am really proud of my husband! And I am really proud of our church. Oasis is sooooo diverse. (There are members from 76 different countries). I can say that it is because people feel welcome and included. Way to go, people!

1 comments:

revolution said...

I gave your husband a hard time after the service. I told him that I was glad that he "explained the tie during the service" because he looked so out of place among the rest of the hipsters on stage.


REVOLUTION