SO ... the latest with the fam...
Avery has discovered free will! He is talking loudly and expressing opinions all the day long. He loves (with a capital L) other kids. Today we went to toddler story time at the local library. When he walked in, he went right up to a group of little ones working puzzles at a table and said "Hey Buddy!" He was in heaven. He loved the socialization, but knows nothing about classroom manners. I held him firmly in my lap so that he did not run around the room during story time! Finally, as we were leaving the reading room and going to color I let him down to run. He jumped on the colorful rug (adorned with letters of the alphabet) and started running around the edges while singing "ABCDEFG..." I couldn't help but laugh! He did really well , and can't wait to go back next week. I look forward to that special time with him.
Avery notices everything and also has a fantastic memory. Watch out! He chimes in on adult conversation when he hears a familiar word. He also helps me find things that I have misplaced around the house. Funny story... the other day we took Buzz Lightyear with us to the doctor (The doctor checked, and Buzz is doing just fine. Haha.) and accidentally left him in the car when we returned home. The next day Avery was playing with Woody. He took Woody to the front door and quoted a line from Toy Story saying, " Buzz! Buzz! Where are you, Buzz?" I asked him where Buzz was, and he quickly replied "In Daddy's car!" Now that is pretty impressive for a 2 year old to remember exactly where his toy is a day after we left it.
Mary Hannah is crawling and laughing... a lot. Where has time gone? Just yesterday I was holding a newborn. Today I have a crazy-haired daughter that can follow me from one room to another! Mary Hannah likes to play with Avery. She gets excited and kicks her legs when she sees him coming. Of course, she lets out a great squeal and then a belly laugh if he pays her any attention! Mary Hannah has also figured out how to give kisses. There is nothing more tender in the whole world! She is definitely a mama's girl. I have to say that I don't really mind! I love her attention and affection.
Chris went to Seattle for a conference at Mars Hill Church. It was his first time out there and he really loved it. The weather was beautiful and the area was really different from South Florida. He has decided that he would like to hike out there one day. Possibly even help rebuild part of a trail that was wiped away by a devastating storm. He said that he would like to take me out to Seattle b/c he knows I'd like it. Isn't he a great husband???
Avery notices everything and also has a fantastic memory. Watch out! He chimes in on adult conversation when he hears a familiar word. He also helps me find things that I have misplaced around the house. Funny story... the other day we took Buzz Lightyear with us to the doctor (The doctor checked, and Buzz is doing just fine. Haha.) and accidentally left him in the car when we returned home. The next day Avery was playing with Woody. He took Woody to the front door and quoted a line from Toy Story saying, " Buzz! Buzz! Where are you, Buzz?" I asked him where Buzz was, and he quickly replied "In Daddy's car!" Now that is pretty impressive for a 2 year old to remember exactly where his toy is a day after we left it.
Mary Hannah is crawling and laughing... a lot. Where has time gone? Just yesterday I was holding a newborn. Today I have a crazy-haired daughter that can follow me from one room to another! Mary Hannah likes to play with Avery. She gets excited and kicks her legs when she sees him coming. Of course, she lets out a great squeal and then a belly laugh if he pays her any attention! Mary Hannah has also figured out how to give kisses. There is nothing more tender in the whole world! She is definitely a mama's girl. I have to say that I don't really mind! I love her attention and affection.
Chris went to Seattle for a conference at Mars Hill Church. It was his first time out there and he really loved it. The weather was beautiful and the area was really different from South Florida. He has decided that he would like to hike out there one day. Possibly even help rebuild part of a trail that was wiped away by a devastating storm. He said that he would like to take me out to Seattle b/c he knows I'd like it. Isn't he a great husband???
1 comments:
Maybe one day James and I can join you and Avery for storytime at the library. He loves books. Don't know if he'd like sitting still and listening without turning the pages himself, though. =o) We need to get together soon... maybe for a walk? =o) Talk to you soon...
Post a Comment