October Update

Enjoying popsicles for our sore throats

Mary Hannah's bed head

Little "Boo"


We have had an eventful month!


Mimi and Aunt Heather (Chris' mom and sister) visited us from Tennessee. It was a four day party! Avery was really looking forward to it... and he talks frequently of visiting them. "I flying on a airplane to Tennessee to see Mimi and Heather." He really loved all of the special attention, presents, and treats that come with the visit. He especially enjoyed throwing pennies into the fountain at the mall.

Mary Hannah has two teeth now. She has remained really petite, still wearing 3-6 month clothes although she is nearly 9 months old. But, she is certainly growing up! She is exploring her world by pulling up and cruising around. She is oh so close to walking! She says "Dada" and "Mama" and signs a few words: hi, light, fan, more. Her hair is so long that we have to style it just so she can see! I love her little pony tails. She reminds us of "Boo" from Monsters Inc. She and Avery play really well together. Sometimes I spy on them as they play in their room. I love it when I see Avery giving her toys and talking to her in his high-pitched "this is how I talk to my baby sister" voice. Its just too sweet!


It's fall and if you know Chris, you know what that means... FOOTBALL!
Avery and Daddy have been enjoying watching football together. They have matching jerseys and hats. Sadly, though, he is a Tennessee fan and has been taught to say "Boo Gators." My dad does his best to help Avery see the light. Grandpa always wears Gator shirts and points out Orange and Blue. Avery is getting it. ha ha.

Avery is gearing up for Halloween. He has been really reluctant to wear a costume - or try anything new, for that matter- until just a few weeks ago. Now he has Halloween fever. Everywhere we go he points out Halloween decorations. He even plays with last year's costume and puts it on at random times during the day. (Good thing it was big!) Just tonight we made a Halloween puppet that he is VERY excited about! We are going to have a little activity every day to keep him pumped up so that he doesn't decide at the last minute that he is not really into this whole thing after all.


Chris and I have been keeping busy. Chris just got several new instruments, so our house has turned into music city. Avery LOVES it!!!! We are filling in our pool and preparing our back yard to be "kid-friendly". It is a huge project! Today I was clipping hedges. Um... yeah... after a couple hours my arms were sore. But to tell the truth I really enjoyed it. I can't wait for our transformed yard! It will take a while, but that's okay with us.

0 comments: