Since we moved to Pearland I've had a lot of time on my hands. Luckily, the gym is only a few stop lights away. The kids like the Kids Club, and I like the classes. In our first few weeks, Zumba and Pilates filled my schedule. I used the fitness schedule as my own, giving me a purpose and a reason to be somewhere ... somewhere other than on the couch in my PJs. It was going just fine, but it started to get a little lonely. Fitness is always easier with a partner!
A few weeks ago, I met a friend, at Chick-fil-A of course, who quickly became my running partner. It was just the thing I needed. Within 2 weeks I have gone from barely running 1/2 mile to regularly running 3, and sometimes even 6 miles! And I am very excited about it. I really never thought I could do it. But I have.
In 3 short weeks, I will be running my first ever "race". Its a quick 3K, but a great place for me to start. And in 6 weeks I will run my very first 5K! Maybe in a couple months I'll post before and after photos.
Running Running Running
Saturday, September 19, 2009 | Posted by Emmy at Saturday, September 19, 2009
Labels: EXERCISE, Stay at home Mom, TEXAS LIFE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow.....and wow again!! Good for you! I applaude all your choices. Love, Mom
I must say that I am quite impressed... and that you are putting me to shame! YOU GO GIRL!
Post a Comment