I Did It!!!

I did something I never thought I would or could do. I ran a race. It was the most challenging thing I have ever done. But I did it!

Disney's Race for the Taste 3K was a short run according to the world of runners, but a HUGE accomplishment for this new "athlete." My goal was to run without stopping. It was NOT easy, and there were many times I wanted to quit. But I didn't. Many thanks go out to the Disney workers who lined the course, clapping and cheering, and sometimes spouting encouraging words. I needed to hear every one of them. They really helped! At one point, a quiet older woman said to me as I ran by "You can do it." And that is what I need to hear at that very moment. I could do it. And I did. It felt good to conquer what I thought I could never do.

This run was dedicated to my peeps: Chris (the man I love.. and a fearless father who watched the kids while I was away for 5 days on this trip), Angela T. (my partner in crime and so much more ... I loved running with you!), Kandice (my running partner and so much more),and Karen (my Zumba instructor and athletic trainer). Thank you for helping me change my life!

One race down ... now on to the next one!

3 comments:

Meredith K Beaupre said...

So sorry we missed you, but so happy for your accomplishment! Congratulations!! Hope to see you guys on the next trip down!

Hugs,
Mere

The Cruzers said...

Em,

Congrats! That's a major feat! Nice work.

Chris

Stephanie said...

I think you should change your name to Kemily so you fit in with your friends more. Conformity is important!