The Perfect Valentine's Day or 3

Chris and I celebrated Valentine's as a couple on Thursday night. We took our kids, who kept requesting to crash our date, to Grandpa and Grandma's house. It's always a party for the kids at that house, so they said goodbye without a problem....whew!
I always love having dates with Chris. He is the best. And this time he surprised me. I love it when he does that. First he gave me a beautiful gift ( I also love it when he does that) and then took me to dinner at a place I have never been. I do love to try new restaurants. We went to The Melting Pot. To say it was "good" or "delicious" or "fun" would be a massive understatement. I loved it with a capital L. Cheese fondue, Coq au Vin to cook our meat, shrimp, and scallops, and chocolate fondue. Oh my! I am now officially a fan.

Friday night we went to a Valentine's Dinner fundraiser for the youth group at our church. It was a very special event, and the food was very delicious. Our friend John, who has launched his own catering company, catered the event. Chicken Chardonnay or Braised Beef, cheesecake, and free childcare.

Our family celebrated together on Valentine's Day at the Beach. Our local Hollywood Beach has undergone a massive facelift. They have added a fantastic splash park just across the broadwalk from the sand. The kids loved splashing, sanding, castle-building, and eating some beach pizza. This was the best Valentine's Day yet!




















4 comments:

This Life said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Love those beach pictures!

Brittany said...

How fun! I love the pictures.

Unknown said...

Oh Hollywood Beach pizza!!! I am super jealous! Looks and sounds like that was a perfect weekend. Isn't the Melting Pot just so awesome. Larry took me there fro our 2nd Anniversary and I am still salivating over it and that was 6 yrs ago! :) I loved it too I am happy because there will be one in Milwaukee so hopefully we will get there mroe often! Well hope all is well! miss you. Chrissy

Melissa*Elswick said...

Great pics Em!!! What camera are you using?