We celebrated a day off by spending an entire day together! WhooHoo!
Weekends are quite busy with Chris' schedule. We usually don't have a full day on the weekend to spend together. So today was a special treat. Our family took a trip to the zoo. We enjoyed it so much, it felt like vacation! Here are some pictures of our Miami Metro Zoo stay-cation.


MH is sporting a very satisfied face as she is enjoying the carousel.
The fam decided that our fav. part of the zoo was the Bengal Tiger exhibit. We arrived just in time to see those wild creatures act a bit tame as they were fed a horse meat snack. It was awesome! (The 3 female tigers had to separate, sit, and wait for the trainer to throw their little snack to them. The tigers know that if they move they will not get the snack. This keeps the fighting for snacks to a minimum. I wondered how they trained the tigers.)
In this pic, I am giving them an assignment. They have to think about their favorite animal that they see today, and be ready to draw a picture of it at home. I also asked them to pick one animal that is new to them that they want to learn about and we'll take a pic of it.
Hannah is showing the sign for elephant to Chris. Though she talks a lot, she still uses some of her signs from infancy.
Check out Chris' blog for more pics and a video!
Speaking of training... of course we took some time to teach our kids. Seriously folks, I am a teacher. How can I resist at the zoo of all places? We ended up buying the year pass to the zoo. I see many more activities in our future!

We showed Avery how to read the symbols at the right edge of the signs. He loved "reading" about the time of day they're most active, their habitats, and diets.In this pic, I am giving them an assignment. They have to think about their favorite animal that they see today, and be ready to draw a picture of it at home. I also asked them to pick one animal that is new to them that they want to learn about and we'll take a pic of it.
Hannah is showing the sign for elephant to Chris. Though she talks a lot, she still uses some of her signs from infancy.
Check out Chris' blog for more pics and a video!

3 comments:
fun, fun
Em-
I loved the pictures of the zoo. I saw yours and the ones on Chris's website. The animals were amazing...what kind of camara do you have girl...or maybe its the operator of the device. :) So little advice, I really want to start doing some more things at home to encourage Kian to talk more and to learn colors, alphabet and numbers any creative things you have done? I know that you guys have said MH knows so many words and such and I am wanting to encourage the same for Kian. He does do alot of repeating but I want to make it interesting and fun for him. Any suggestions? I liked what you did with them at the zoo abotu drawing their favorite animal. You should post their pics that they draw. Well thanks for listening. I love both of your blogs. Have a great day. Love Chrissy
Looks like a really fun day at the zoo. Avery and Mary Hannah are just so adorable. Really, they are so so cute! I love Mary Hannah's cute clothes too. You always have her dressed so adorable. How did the pictures turn out when they got home? :)
Post a Comment