The morning started with a fantastically exciting breakfast of "Alien Pancakes." Chris made these by Avery's request, and they were a hit. It was the perfect beginning to a great day.
Something about this day makes brushing teeth all the more enjoyable.
Of course, we took some pics before heading out the door.
When we got to school, Avery was all smiles.
Mary Hannah, on the other hand, was thoroughly disappointed that she was not going to school, too.
At home, we were busy getting ready for our First Day of School Party. Its a new tradition in our household. We want to make going to school an extra special event, so we will celebrate with special books from the library, balloons, decorations, and of course, cupcakes!
Avery is looking forward to returning to school tomorrow. It will be a special day for Mary Hannah. She is starting "school" too. More on that later...




6 comments:
So exciting!!!! Way to go Avery. Can't wait to see Mary Hannah's day. Elizabeth loved the pics of the pancakes.
That's so cute that MH was pouting about not being able to go to school. That's a good one to keep for later: "Remember when you WANTED to go to school??" :)
Avery looked so excited for his first day of school. I loved his teacher. She had the look and she seemed very sweet. I know he'll have a great year. Loved the traditons
Avery looked so happy. Poor MH! The pictures of her are so funny! Glad all is well there. Love your kitchen- it's so pretty! What a great tradition you have started!
So glad Avery had a good day of school and I love all the fun traditions you guys are doing. Great ideas! I bet Mary Hannah misses her big brother while he's away. I'm anxious to hear about her school. :)
Love the pictures and the first day of school party. I was so impressed with your decorations and cupcakes and then I saw this first day of school celebration...
http://alittleloveliness.blogspot.com/2009/08/write-stuff.html
and she made you look like such a slacker! JK! How in the world does she have time for that stuff? Certainly she must have a maid to do all of her other work and a nanny to watch the children.
Miss you all can't wait to hear how Avery likes school!
Rachel
Post a Comment