The Latest


















So here's the latest from our house:
Mary Hannah turned one in Feb. Since then she started walking all over the place, and has learned a surprisingly large vocabulary. So she is traveling and speaking her mind. She is well beyond Mama and Dada, she knows other family names, lots of animals (dog cat cow bird pig sheep bear bunny etc), foods (the other day she brought me the frying pan from her play kitchen and said "Chicken!"), daily activities such as naptime, eat, lunch, book, and her favorite, bathtime. She adds several new words each day, which is really shocking us. She still has garbled sentences, but its just too cute that she's trying. She LOVES to watch Avery play Tball, and she really loves to play ball in the backyard. I would've taken pics of that, but I had to help her hold the bat, so I had to put down the camera. Speaking of Avery, she really looks up to him. She imitates a lot of what he does. We are thinking that is where a lot of her vocabulary has come from. If you know Avery, you know he has lots of words for everything and is not the least bit shy!
Finally I have some TBall pics to share. Avery has been really enjoying himself. He always has a smile on his face, and always asks for more when the game is over. Besides TBall, Avery has been enjoying what we call "homeschool." He really wants to go to school, so we have school at home (he is too young for real school). He loves it and has been doing very well. He has learned the alphabet, all the letter sounds, and is now beginning to spell and read simple words. Because of his desire to learn, I have a new purpose for our daily activities. I am always looking for fun and educational things that we can do. Today at the library he went straight up to some kids at the puzzle table and declared "Hi! I am here for homeschool!" Never a dull moment...

2 comments:

Ben and Erin said...

Hi Emily, this is Erin (Torrey Robert's cousin). I have been reading your blog since Torrey put you on her friend list. I just wanted to say hi and tell you that I think your children are absolutely beautiful! You take wonderful pictures too. These newest pics are just beautiful. You and your husband are so blessed. It's been fun seeing what you are up too and reconnecting with you through the blogs. I hope you have had a chance to visit ours! Our girls are only a month apart so it's fun to see what they are doing that is similar. Clare is not talking nearly as much though! Anyway, just wanted to say hi! :)
love, Erin

Anonymous said...

Chris and Emily,

Your children are so beautiful and precious. It's awesome that you are enjoying them so much. It goes by so quickly!