Anniversary

As I write this post in the comfort of my bed, I hear from just one room away the sounds of little squeaky voices laughing and playing with their Daddy. I think he may be reading them a book. I am thankful for a few quiet morning moments that my love has afforded me. Today is our anniversary. And this is a perfect time for reflection.


Five years ago we began The Chronicles of Chris and Em. (Okay, so probably more like 8 or 9 years if you count dating... I digress...). Our wedding was a beautiful time. My favorite part was that Chris surprised me by singing to me! I was, to say the least, EXTREMELY HAPPY. I soaked up every minute of it! It was romantic and sweet and so personal for a very private Chris. We had our little moment, just us, no matter how many eyes were upon us. When the song was over, the pastor, our friend Steve Pridmore, said "You're a brave man!" Everyone laughed. He was brave... and he still is. My husband takes all kinds of risks to go out of his way to show me he loves me.

Looking back at the video and our wedding pictures, Chris and I are amazed by how youthful we are. Also, we are trying to figure out how, in 5 short years, we look so much older! All we can figure is that having kids ages youthful appearance to look a tad more "mature"? We don't know. But then we laughed at what the next five years might do. Holy Cow!

No matter how we age, or as the song says "Grow in Beauty," we will be doing it together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome!!! I am so proud of you guys. I sang to Tonia at my wedding, but no video back then???? Sorry!!!!!
I sang my fav. grandma got run over by a reindeer and Thistle hair the Christmas Bear. Love you guys, Happy Anniversary.
Guy

Anonymous said...

Yes, you WERE very young, with big dreams that we have watched come true. I am grateful to God for your devotion to one another, and the love that continues to grow, overflowing to your children. Happy Forever to you Together! Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

I'm Miracle Growing in beauty!!!