Oh How We Need This!

Golf ball sized rain drops are pouring from the sky. And Oh how we need this! Our lawn is the color of hay. Its beautiful summer green has been bleached by the scorching sun, appearing a dried golden yellow as if it was the dead of winter. It has been one hot sunny May for us in South Florida. Temps have been in the 90s already! I can't imagine what July and August will bring! We have been in a drought for some time now. That was actually good for the Hughes fam as we had a terribly leaky roof. Praise God that has been fixed. So now when I hear those thunder clouds roll I say "Bring on the Rain!" (and oh yeah, "Test the Roof before the warranty expires!").

EM

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read High Desert Home's Blog and now see why you like it, and that you have been influenced by her parenting advice. It's very wholesome and of great worth! Thanks for being such a great parent yourself. I love you!