Made of Honor + Enchanted = Patrick Dempsey Fan

While the pastors were out of town, us wives got together for dinner and a movie. We always have fun when we get together. We really enjoyed the Palace Premier, an upscale movie viewing experience where the "riff raff" (ahem... that means normal movie goers, usually me) sit below the fancy schmancy balcony . But that night we were not among the riff raff. We got to rub elbows with the Boca socialites. We rolled our swanky selves up to the valet, entered through the private entrance and took the escalator to the "I am wearing my good clothes" area. We started with dinner at Bogart's Grill. Its the classy restaurant above the theater. Instead of the expected chips or rolls, they serve flatbread and hummus to get the mouths a-watering .... Well, it worked because its the best hummus I have ever had! The menu has all kinds of offerings. I chose the salmon. I love salmon. And I loved that salmon. My compliments to the chef. Then it was on to the very exclusive theater. We were escorted to our seats. The huge love-seat sized chairs in the theater balcony make the whole experience feel so cozy. They are like royal thrones.... thus the name "Palace Premier." The movie, Made of Honor, was not a let down whatsoever. I found myself strangely attracted to McDreamy ( I say "strangely" not because he is not an attractive man, beacause I happen to believe this chap is quite good looking, but because it is amazing how a character in a fictious tale can so greatly affect a woman... keep reading). His characters have been so terribly endearing, its really not the least bit surprising. At the conclusion of the picture, my friend and fellow "woman of the cloth" (ha ha) agreed that the movie had an eerie ability to dive deep down in the land of the giddyness to stir up a serious and quickly growing teenage crush. After all, we are girls! We fall for anything that plays to the romantic ideals that have been conceived only in the mind. Which makes me wonder... what's wrong with gliltter, big dresses, tiaras, random singing, terribly sickening infatuation, fresh flowers, a crush who likes to shop (and is better at it than we are), extreme wealth, an endless budget, public announcements of his undying love for me, and the sense that there is someone who is so head over heels that they would stop at nothing to woo me? Girls, don't we all love those things? I don't care about cinematography or camera angles. But if your story can make me think of all the things I love, and bury me in your story of a lovesick hunk, I am there.... and I love it! So thanks, McDreamy for making me McHappy =)
3 comments:
Girl, you are too much! I'm glad we could have fun and spend some time together! You are truly a romantic at heart! It was a fun night!
sounds like fun! i can't wait to see that movie. i love mcdreamy :)
I saw this movie this weekend and I LOVED it!! It was so cute, as is Patrick Dempsy! :) Glad you enjoyed it too.
Post a Comment