School Days....getting ready!



The school year is about to begin. This week I have been back at work making preparations for the students who will enter my class. Its my prayer that they will feel loved, cared for, and respected. The cute decorations, bulletin boards, and reading nook all serve a purpose... to teach the kids that they're worth is immeasurable, and that their education is priceless. I am teaching the innovators of tomorrow, the students who will create new technologies, and the future of our country. What a responsibility! Will you pray for me, daily, as I take on such a task?

2 comments:

Ben and Erin said...

I didn't realize you were a teacher! :) What grade? I love the beginning of the school and setting up my classroom and all that. Although I'm not doing it anymore, I did get to help my brother set up his classroom this year, which was fun. Your classroom looks great by the way--very warm and inviting. :) About hair--Clare's used to fall down in the back or come loose in the front because it still wasn't long enough. I made the pigtails a little lower and put bows in the front to hold the loose strands in the front in place. My only advice is to part down the middle and maybe put the pigtails closer to the back of her head and a little bit lower--until it keeps growing longer and then it's less of a headache! :) Have a great first week back at school Emily!

Anonymous said...

Hey Em!
I wish you were my teacher or at least going to be Kian's. I love love love your classroom. It looks awesome. I will definately be praying for you. I hope all goes well this year. You do have a great responsibility. I think it is a great tragedy of our nation that teachers are not as appreciated as they should be. I hope that I will be encouraging and supportive to you this year. I know you will be awesome. You can just tell by your classroom how much of your heart is in what you do. You are not only a teacher but a mom too and you can tell that you don't lack in either field. You give more than 100% of yourself in all of the roles in your life as a wife, mom, daughter, friend and teacher. I look forward to hearing all of your adventures of this next year. Love ya Em and miss you tons! chrissy