Big Ol' Storm

My friend Marc said he wants to visit us to see if everything really is bigger in Texas. That makes me laugh!

Well, tonight we had a Texas storm. It came on quickly and didn't last too long, but it sure packed a punch. I am used to thunderstorms. But this was a biggie. The sky was layered with multiple colors of dark blue. The impressive lightning pierced the sky at least a thousand times. We lost power for a little while. But luckily we had a flashlight and cookies in the oven.

We watched out the window the rain blow sideways and the treetops bend in the wind. It was a strong wind! Because we live above a shopping center, we saw shoppers run from the dark stores to their cars. After an in-home flashlight adventure and a sing-along, we enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies that baked to perfection in an oven without power.

It wasn't long before power was restored. I guess that is one advantage to living in a shopping center. The power is restored quickly during retail time. Just one more reason why I love it here.

0 comments: