I KNow You're Waiting

Hello from Texas!



Just thought I'd provide an update of our life here in Texas. 

The kids and I are enjoying our time together during the weekdays. Both Avery and MH make me smile with their random hugs and unprovoked comments like "Mommy, I am so glad you don't have to work anymore." It is also really cute that when we pray at dinnertime, MH always says "Dear Jesus, Thank you for our food and that Daddy keeps working." I'm not sure exactly where she got that, maybe she's been watching MSNBC or the stock market. Regardless, yes, we are all happy that Daddy keeps working! 

We all really like our new church. It just fits. Check out Chris' blog for some pics and stories. 

Avery still thinks we live in a hotel. Today when I told him that we were going to have some new furniture delivered, he asked if we were going to check-in to another room. Ha ha! When I told him that this isn't a hotel, its our home, he asked if I had checked in with the front desk. I guess he likes where we live and must think its cool to have all his stuff in a "hotel."

Here are a few pics from our time in TX. Not too many of our house. We are still getting settled in.  More to come ...

Breakfast time at the island in the kitchen, looking into the living room.
This one is for mom. She wanted a picture of new furniture. Here ya go, ma!
Chick-fil-A has 'Toddler Tine" every week complete with stories, songs, and activities. It is always packed. THe mom in the green tank top is my friend Kelley. She and I met here at Toddler Time, but found out that we have mutual friends in FL. How funny! (Avery is in the green shirt. He was a volunteer. MH is in the pink dress and long blonde hair.)
The kids enjoy the free icedream at Toddler Time.

On our way to the park, I passed the BIGGEST high school I have ever seen. Its beautiful!
There are many beautiful parks and playgrounds here. The kids and I love spending our days together exploring new places to play.

And now... the children's  absolute favorite thing about TX... the rewards at the grocery store! Kids get free Buddy Bucks to put into this machine...
Then they move the claw to retrieve a magical little plastic egg with a sticker inside. On the sticker is a number. The number is a point value. The kids save these and cash them in for prizes. What kid wouldn't love that???

Here we are in Daddy's F250. Its a huge truck! It must be funny to see little ol' me jump up into it. We will be driving it around town while he is away to do a wedding. So when you think of us, picture this =)


3 comments:

The Tucker 5 said...

YEA!!!!! I FINALLY got my update =)

Karen said...

So glad to see an update... and a little peek into the inside of your new home! Love the new piece of furniture!!! Can't wait to see more. Love and miss you guys!

Dan said...

I guess from the looks of that High School that things REALLY ARE bigger in Texas!