Avery's Teacher

So another praise ... Avery's teacher. I met her tonight at the Elementary School and then I knew ...
God answered my prayers in an over abundance.

When it came to Kindergarten, I was a nervous mother, first time with her own child in school. I talked to God about my concerns as if he didn't already know them. I asked him for just the right teacher, maybe even a "Cuddly Grandma" you know, someone you could just hug forever.  Well, that is EXACTLY what I got! She is tender, caring, and has been teaching for 21 years. And she just so happens to be a new grandmother!

Avery was actually originally placed in another class, but the Principal hand-wrote Avery's name on Mrs. S's roster after meeting me at New Family Night. (Which, by the way, isn't it cool that they have a new family night? I digress ...) And I didn't even talk with the principal about what kind of class I hoped for!  It was just a "Hello, my name is Emily. I used to be a teacher. This is Avery" .... then Avery interjects "Yes, I am going to go to this school and it's gonna be awesome!" Apparently that made an impression. There were no smooth connections,  no slipping the $20 bill with a sly "Gimme your best one, Chief!" Not even a question about his class!  It just worked out God just worked it out like that.

She said Mrs. S. was just the right teacher for Avery. I was so impressed. The teacher looked at Chris and said "You look familiar to me." Wouldn't you know she has been to our church, and her kids attend regularly!?!?!  Upon leaving the school, the Principal said to me "Isn't it neat how God works it all out?"

Yes, Mrs Principal. It is!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Praising Jesus with you for working it all out. Sounds like your special young man will have a fabulous year! I'm so happy for you and him!

Dawn said...

Isn't God great?!

Rachel said...

Yeah that is awesome. What a great story. Rose also has a wonderful teacher she has been teaching 37 years (although she does not look like it). ON the night of the meet the teacher she said "I just want you all to know that I love your children and I have been praying to have your child in my class this year." She teared up when she said this and it made this momma tear up a bit too. Can't believe our babies are grown up it seems like just yesterday they were hanging out in the nursery together.