New Year's Day

What a relaxing day for the Hughes fam.
This morning we all got up and went to a fantastic park that has a turf football field. Chris and some friends had planned a football game. We played football and soccer with the kids until the others arrived. The weather was a beautiful 75 or so. Blue skies, nice breeze, little kids running with those tiny legs going as fast as they possibly can until the forward motion takes over and they tumble to the ground... It was a beautiful time.

A few of my favorite moments:
When Mary Hannah was wearing Chris' football gloves. They were so big, they really looked like the wings of a crow. Sorry, no picture. Just imagine it.
When Avery was learning how to throw a football. I never knew it could be such a complicated process.
When MH was counting outloud to race against herself. 1, 2, 3, GO! That little thing ran almost the enitre football field!

While the big boys were playing their game, we took a short walk to a friend's house. It was so nice to play in their backyard. It gave me some inspiration. A gazebo with table and chairs, perfect for an afternoon lunch or and evening dinner when the weather is just right (pretty much all winter long!), a little sandbox for the kids to play in, a kiddie pool for the hot days, and a great fence to keep your privacy. (Um... for those of you who are not familiar with South FL, your neighbors are like a sneeze away. They may be wonderful people. But a little privacy is always nice, for you and your neighbor.) You may or may not know that our backyard is in a huge transition... and is largely unusuable. We are looking forward to the day that we can open the back doors and let the kids run wild!

We are spending the rest of the day relaxing. Well, the kids and I are relaxing. Chris is hard at work fixing his new truck. Well, new-to-us truck. We are thrilled to have this vehicle, though it needs lots of work. I am totally impressed with how much Chris is fixing on it. Who knew!?! (That's slang for "I had no idea.")

Although I have been spending lots of time at the gym recently, and lots of time thinking about being at the gym (like that's gonna make a difference), I have been really craving all kinds of sweets! I mean, really craving some serious desserts! Can I get a "Holla!" from the ladies out there who can't seem to shake the desserts???? Yeah, so I found this recipe on another blog and I wanted to try it. I might never get around to making it, but just like going to the gym... Its the thought that counts.
(Wait, what????)

Self-Filled Cupcakes
(Yeah, that sounds gooey!)


2 comments:

The Tucker 5 said...

Looks sooooo yummy. gym or no gym, girls need their CHOCOLATE!!!!!

The Cruzers said...

I'm jealous about playing football. Sounds like a blast. Hope all is well - Chris