Old Cars & Seafood, Everyone's Running









The Hughes' had another great weekend! Destination: Orlando. But the fun started even before we got there.

Fort Pierce has always been a very important stop along FL's Turnpike. As a college student, it was the exit that I didn't want to miss because it was the place to switch from a toll road to the free I-95 and save a few bucks. In more recent days, it has been a great pit-stop to re-fuel or get a quick bite to eat. On this trip, it was an adventure that had a wonderful ending.

Chris, in his own adventurous style, decided to find a new reason to like Ft. Pierce. We drove to the coastal area for some seafood. (Thanks to Guy Melton for introducing us to delicious seafood in the most unsuspecting places!) We came across a fab antique car show, huge yachts, old-timey store fronts, and entertaining restaurants.







On Saturday, Chris ran in his first race/marathon event, Disney's ESPN The Weekend 5K. He did a great job, coming in number 222 out of 1500. The kids and I had a great time cheering him on. We saw some famous groups/people like Misty May Treanor, the Miami Dolphin Cheerleaders, and the Harlem Globe Trotters.

Our kids were so excited to run in their very own race, just like Daddy. It was just after the adult event finished, and they got to cross the same finishline! Every child got a Tshirt and a medal, presented by the Harlem Globe Trotters. Although my kids have no idea who that is, they will one day appreciate how cool that is.

Check out Chris' blog for more pics and a video.

(More to come: the most unbelievable hotel)

1 comments:

whitney said...

HI Emily, you probably dont remember me but I went to Hollywood Christian back in the day with Eric Alexander and Mike and all them...anyways, I love you blog it is so cute!! You kids are adorable!
I wanted to ask you about the hotel you mentioned in your post about the marathon...my husband and I love orlando and we take our son as often as possible so we are always looking for cool new places up there! Anyways, I was just curious which one it was! If you get a chance could you email me at koesterw@yahoo.com or you can cab me b/c I am a teacher to @ plantation elementary!! Thanks! Have a great day!!

Whitney (Blake) Koester