A lot of my friends are on the fitness train. They are either watching what they eat or counting weight watchers points, or both. Its a good train. They are all getting healthier and lighter on the scale.
It is also about that time of year when people are down right cold and sniffly... unless you live in SoFL. Then the cold comes and goes... but the sniffles stick around because the snow birds bring 'em. (I don't know. I just made that up. But it does make sense.)
This recipe is in honor of my sick and sniffly friends:
Sirloin Vegetable Soup
One sirloin steak-cut in chunks (you can also use stew meat – it's cooked for so long, any beef cut will work).
Salt and Cayenne to taste
1 bell pepper
1 Onion
1 bag of frozen veggies (I use one with carrots, green beans, peas, and corn).
1 tall bottle of V-8 juice, any variety. I like spicy hot. (46 oz.)
In a soup pot with a little oil, sauté the bell pepper and onion, add the cut up steak, stir until the meat turns a non-appetizing gray. Add salt and pepper. Add V-8 juice (I use 1 1/2 bottles since we like a lot of juice. ). Cook for 3 hours on medium heat. Add bag of frozen veggies and cook for another 30 minutes.
If your soup gets thicker than you'd like, add more juice rather than water.
Bon appetit!
Thanks to my friend Gabi Murray for sharing her recipe with me.
0 comments:
Post a Comment