We are in the car, packed to the gills, with a toddler, preschooler, and all their gear. Of course there are some movies, but also toys and books, blankets, plush pets, and pillows. I like to call it “happy stuff.” Its all the stuff we brought to try to keep the kids happy while we drive, drive, drive. I have managed to carve out a sweet 2x2 area around my feet. I call that “sane space.” I just need a little bit of room in the car where nothing is touching me. Well, nothing more than the computer on my lap, the pool of magazines and contents of my purse strewn about my ankles.
We are taking a family vacation… and the final stop is well beyond Disney! Can you believe it??? We are so glad to be headed to Tennessee for some rest, relaxation, and a visit with Mimi and Aunt Heather.
We said our goodbyes to our Oasis Church family on Sunday, and started on our way out of state. We made a fun stop at Disney’s POP Century, Avery’s favorite place at Disney, and possibly the entire world, for some din-din and playtime in the arcade. Then it was on to my old stomping grounds, “Go Gatorsville,” for a good night’s rest.
When the night sky was as black as the asphalt, we tucked the kids in their carseats, dimmed the cabin lights, and declared bedtime. A few moments later, Avery was fast asleep. There was a tiny voice coming from the back seat, singing sweet songs. The lyrics were sometimes correct. The pitch was just right. And the volume grew stronger and stronger as she her confidence grew. Since her daddy and I stayed quiet, she must have figured we weren’t listening. After a few rounds of “The Wheels on the Bus” Mary Hannah fell fast asleep.
Traveling with little ones sure can be challenging. But it’s just as sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
How stinkin sweet was that! That will be a memory you will never forget of her. How precious. I love those moments. I hope you have a great time. The cabin looks awesome. I don't even need to mention how awesome that tub and hot tub is, how pampered are you missy! Have a great time Em because when you get back you are going to be Mrs busy bee. Knowing you I am sure you are already planning! :)
Post a Comment