100 is Beautiful Number


(aw.... the sweet couple)

Chick-fil-A had a grand opening. I was there. It was awesome.
The first 100 people through the door receive free Chick-fil-A for a year. Yeah, I was number 100!!!!

How did I get lucky 100? I had to earn it my friends. It did not come easily. No. I had to sleep out under the stars ... and the fluorescent Chick-fil-A sign. The rules: you must stay in the parking lot; you may not return to your car; you must be present when they do roll call several times throughout the night. Also, it was extremely cold for us out there, probably low 60s/upper 50s and VERY DEWEY! (translation = wet everything!) We were not prepared for that kind of weather down here in Sunny FL! I wore jeans, a sweatshirt, two pairs of socks, and three fleece blankets. But that was not enough! (I can already hear my out of state friends chuckling at our "cold" weather).

The restaurant hosts a camp out of sorts for dedicated fans. It is complete with karaoke, free food, wristbands, sleeping bags, and lots of crazy people. Chris has participated in previous openings, but I could not because I was pregnant or had an infant. So this was my year. Joel, Ben, Mallika, Chris, and Em (along with about 100 others) rolled out the air mattresses in the parking lot and awaited the grand opening. It was defintely a fun experience. Ben lost a bet and had to sing karaoke. That was hilarious.

It was a fun night. And, yes, we will be having a lot of Chick-fil-A.

(Victory as number 93 and 100. Notice the corporate suits in the background.)

(roll call)

(walking through the drive through for some nuggets ... in the middle of the night)

(Ben and Mallika)

(yet another line up for roll call)

2 comments:

Jen said...

That is so fun! I'm totally jealous.

Unknown said...

You guys are hysterical! that is so awesome you get free chick for a year. Way to go! I did chuckle at your use of fleece blankets and cold weather remark. Its 32 degrees here. I haven't read your blog in a while but it was good to get on here and catch up. You are such an awesome mommy, the way you think of creative things for your kids I love it. I wish I was more like that. By the way, baby #2 is coming our way June 23 or there abouts. I am 8 wks and 3 days pregnant. Very excited. I hope you are doing well. Love ya and miss you bunches! Chrissy