Sunday Times


(I love pictures like these. They're pretty much my favorite.)

Sunday is a very busy day in our house. Chris is up and out quite early to get to church. He leads worship for all 3 morning services at Oasis. The kids and I spend some quality time together before we head off to church, too. This morning we had a special breakfast, Pumpkin French Toast. I made up this new recipe (although I am sure it is out there somewhere already... because its not that complicated.) The kids loved to help. They cut the bread with our pumpkin cookie cutter. And then gobbled it up and headed off to play.

Because Sundays are also tiring, I like start preparing lunch/dinner in the morning. So, after cleaning up breakfast, I put something in the crock pot.

Church was awesome. I always love the music. Today I kept the kids with me for some of the music instead of taking them directly to their classes. MH always loves seeing Daddy up on stage. She always yells a huge "There's Daddy! Hi Daddy!" and waves. Luckily, the music is loud and the crowd is not disturbed! Avery and MH love the music, too, and they love hearing their daddy sing. Avery was experimenting with trying to clap to the beat today. He doesn't have it yet, but he's trying. I was glad to see that he was getting into it. It was pretty cute.

We are going to get ready for our small group tonight. That means the house is going to be extra clean! A benefit of a small house is that there are not many hiding places for "stuff." That can also be a bad thing when we are feeling lazy. However, we'll accept that blessing in disguise and clean, clean, clean! Those of you who know me well know that I can have somewhat of a cleaning problem. I always want to clean, and I want it to stay that way. This is an unrealistic expectation. Our preschool and toddler tornadoes are great at undoing everything we have just done. Sigh. I work hard at accepting this new normal. But this afternoon, its a family effort. We will all be cleaning. I will probably cry tears of joy at that beautiful sight.



4 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

Pumpkin French Toast? For real?!!!! Recipe please!

Emmy said...

You want the recipe? Sure! But I don't have pics. Hope that's ok!

Jessica Ryan said...

You have to be kidding me? You tell me I can have the recipe but have to wait until TUESDAY? That is NOT FAIR!!!! Better not make me wait all day! My kids have no school on Wednesday so I will make it then! And I will take pictures and post them and credit you for the recipe!

Dan said...

That sounds awesome.

I really like the fact that you keep the kids with you for worship. There's something to be said about kids seeing their parents worship.