Its Election Day


Today is Nov. 4th, the last day of election ads! Its a long awaited day for many. Today also means a day off of work for me. The schools are closed. Some are used as polling places, and its a security issue to have such traffic in schools when students are present. So, I'm enjoying a great day with the kids!

Avery has a costume hangover from Halloween. Its the first thing he put on (over his pjs) this morning. We all enjoyed a simple breakfast of Honey Nut Cheerios, milk, and bananas. I usually miss breakfast time, so it was great to be able to eat with the kiddies today.


(Buzz slurping the sugary milk)

(check out all the cheerios in the bib)

And because I have some extra time at home, I am trying a new recipe that I found on a great blog, Real Mom Kitchen! Cafe Rio Pork is bubbling in my crock pot as I type. Shocking ingredients, but it sounds like its going to be good! I will let you know how the family likes, or dislikes it! Check out the blog for the recipe... and more.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that definitely looks yummy. i will try that for sure. let me know what your fam thinks. :)