So Hurricane Ike is in the swirly twirly ocean and is heading our way. This could be a big one! There already is a noticeable difference in our community. The essentials are flying off of the grocery store shelves - water, batteries, canned food, non-perishable milk, charcoal, etc. And there is a frenzy at the pump. Gas station attendants are directing traffic to better manage the long lines. Last night as I was driving home I noticed a group gathered at a neighborhood propane station. Yep, everyone had their gas tanks waiting to be filled.
I think South Florida takes it seriously when the news stations warn of a major disturbance. We are not positive that it will hit us, but even the threat gets people on the move.
I have already put in a call to our roofer to tell them of an existing roof leak. Luckily its under warranty! However, that could've changed if I had waited until after the storm passed!
Ahhhhh.... the beauty of South Florida!
OH NO!
Saturday, September 6, 2008 | Posted by Emmy at Saturday, September 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Praying that Ike stays away. Hoping you get all of your supplies in case. PS If you need to get out there is room at the Lenda hotel. Starting next weekend we are going to be at the beach in S. Jersey borrowing our neighbors beach house if you need to join us;)
Hugs and Prayers
Rachel, Mike and the girls
We got the tail end of Ike up here even! You should see everyone freaking out at the wind damage and the gas stations are crazy! It's ok, people, THERE WILL STILL BE GAS TOMORROW. Apparently they don't think so. It was kind of fun to be back in hurricane mode, but probably because we didn't lose power like 65% of households up here!
Post a Comment