I have spent a lot of time in stores and at the mall lately. 'Tis the season! Lots of time to see some great stuff... and some not so great. It has forced me to think about things I like... both in stores and in general. Maybe you like these things, too. Or maybe you have other things that are on your list of favorites.
I tag my friends Rachel, Angela, Angie D., Karen, Chrissy and Erin. What do you like?
Here's my list.
1. Coach - I love these purses. Even the students in my class have caught on to this. Haha. They are pricey, so I don't own many... but I sure do love them! I have my wonderful husband to thank for surprising me with the ones that I own.
2. Godiva - oh my gosh. It is wickedly delicious chocolate. The darker the better. My only rule... don't mix chocolate and fruit... unless its chocolate covered strawberries.
3. Good clothes- Ann Taylor & Banana Republic - I like the classic styles & the quality. I like it when my husband picks out the clothes and dresses me in style. He's so great!
4. Mary Kay Makeup - the foundation is the best.
5. St. Ive's Apricot Scrub (face... not floor... hehe) - I can't go a day without it.
6. Manicure & Pedicure - there's something special about freshly painted fingers and toes. They make me feel fancy.
7. Boutiques for little girls - Miss Katie's Charm School is one such place. A gazillion tutus, bows, and rhinstones... its definitely fabulous!
8. Downy dryer sheets - they make everything smell fresh and they make the clothes much softer. Not to mention the way they make my house smell when the dryer is going...
9. A Clean Car- not that my car is clean. But when it is clean inside and out I LOVE it!
10. A Clean House- I wish I could pay someone to clean it weekly. I really love a clean house. As Chris recently shared in a sermon illustration, the way to my heart is through cleaning my house. Some people like breakfast in bed, others like control over the remote... I love a clean house. Its like the heavens open up, lights shine down, and angels sing when I come home to see that our house is clean... and I don't have to clean it!!!
(Yeah, I don't have a picture of my clean house right now... my camera is .....um.... well.... broken?)








2 comments:
We need to make a date for our mani & pedi over the break! Give me a call! =o)
Ok first I have to say...not fair I want to go on the mani & pedi date with you guys. I miss my S.Fl girlfriends! My top ten may not be so different from yours. I love your 1,5,6,8,9 & 10 mostly but to be different I will come up with my own. This was a challenge by the way but I appreciate it because it made me stop and realize how blessed I am. Ok here it goes #1 right now on my list is Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate...oh my goodness it is like drinking a chocolate frosted donut from Dunkin D's really good.
#2 Waking up and not feeling nauseated all day. This really ranks up there these days with my favorite things.
#3 The sound of Kian openning our bedroom door in the morning and what he thinks to be quietly creeping to my side of the bed and saying...Mama.
#4 5:15pm when Larry walks in the door. I can't wait to see him everyday.
#5 My new BOGS Boots...you girls down there won't know what these are but they are really warm rubber boots I just got for Christmas. When you have about 2 1/2 feet of snow on the ground these come in pretty handy.
#6 The automatic doors on the minivan we just got a Mazda MPV in July and I still haven't gotten over my love for the auto side doors its a lovely feature when your hands are full of a toddler.
#7 My cell phone and the Internet...I know this is two but its for the same reason...the ability to keep in touch with family & friends.
#8 McD's sweet tea...need I say more?
#9 My laptop...We have created Geilser Movie Nights where we all crawl up into our bed pop in a DVD in the laptop and fall asleep by the end. I love it because we are all there together. Hopefully to become a tradition with all of our kids. Who knows maybe one day there will be tons of us piled in the bed!
And # 10... right now is our Christmas tree...for some reason putting the ornaments on this year was really special. Every ornament on our tree has a story or meaning behind it. And then we have ones completely homemade. So reflecting on the reasons why we have certain ornaments and just the memories they all hold were very special to me this year.
Well there you go Em. Thanks for the challenge, it was awesome! Love ya Chrissy
Post a Comment