
Karis in the NICU. Praying for her release soon!
I went back to the hospital today. Thomas' mommy is in pain as she recovers from her C-section. Please pray for some relief. Karis' mommy and daddy are quite tired. They have not had much sleep, and are also a bit emotionally drained. Please pray for speedy healing for their daughter so that she can join them in a regular room, and even go home from the hospital with Mom and Dad when they are released.
Original Post:
So I went to dinner with my parents. That was nice. We had the most delicious pizza and salad. (I LOVE pizza!!!) Things were looking up! I made a plan: embrace my free time and be thankful for it... by doing some completely unnecessary shopping - by myself- no time constraints whatsoever - at Kohls. Its new here.
While I was on my way, I called a friend who just delivered her second baby. It is a boy. A BIG boy. 9 pounds, 11 ounces! She invited me to the hospital to see him. How could I resist?!? I went. I held him and heard his little baby coos. I even got to change his poopy diaper! To anyone else, that may be a chore. But I really miss those newborn baby days. I love doing the baby things. I am pretty sure I could have stayed all night to burp and change him around the clock! I am filling up my tiny baby craving with taking care of my friend's baby!
And then I get a phone call... my cousin is on her way to the hospital. Her water broke. I can't believe it! The excitement was too much!
Another baby?
Two babies in one night?
Sure enough, Sarah is a baby machine. She delivered her first baby in record time. Unbelievable, I know. Some people are just blessed like that. It is a girl, and she is beautiful! Lots of hair. Petite. 6 pounds, 9 ounces. I am looking forward to holding her when she comes out of the NICU. A little lung issue needs some attention. Please keep her in your prayers. The doctors are quite reassuring that she will be fully well very soon. (She was born a bit early, and lung issues can be common amongst young ones.)
Two babies, one boy and one girl. And I was at the hospital to see them! This is so thrilling to me. My bummer of a Friday turned out to be a pretty special day.
Pictures of the new babies coming soon!

1 comments:
So neat! (That stinks you had to come back without the rest of the fam, but now I guess you know why you needed to be home early.) =o) Oh yeah... and I'll help your baby fix some more in a couple months... =o) Gosh, saying that makes me a little crazy since I haven't even REGISTERED yet! Ahhh! =oP
Post a Comment