Cast Iron Skillet


Although I am from the technical South, I am not Southern. That is, I do not own a cast iron skillet. Until today.
It has been rainy here, which would negate firing up the ol' BBQ grill. But I had a hankerin' for steak. (Afterall, that IS the way to my husband's heart.) That is when I had a fabulous idea: cook like Paula Deen: cast iron and butter all the way!  On my way home from work I picked up a cast iron skillet. Its actually a cast iron grill pan, with the fancy grill lines and all.  Chris would always tell me about his grandmother's skillet and how she'd use it for everything from bacon to cornbread. I thought I'd give him some stories to tell about his wife and her skillet. So tonight I made steaks and shrimp, and boy was it good!

0 comments: