Its the Simple Things


In six short years, the things I considered exciting have drastically changed. It used to be that exciting for Chris and me was a night out, a new restaurant, Lincoln Road on South Beach... anything new. Now, as a mother of a preschooler and toddler, my idea of exciting looks VERY different!

I am about to head to Target. And I am excited. I will be there all by myself. I will roam aimlessly through the aisles and probably mutter out loud bits and pieces of the conversations taking place in my head. I will buy diaper cream, breakfast sandwiches, and a new hairdryer. I will even consider splurging on some new pajama pants.

My youngest brother and his bride are currently sightseeing on the streets of London, all in the name of business. My older brother and his wife just returned from the Bahamas. My middle brother and his wife are probably tending their garden, eating homemade gourmet food, or hiking the Red River Gorge. Chris just put the kids to bed. I am going to Target.

Its all about perspective. I am still excited.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like my kind of night! I actually did that soon after we returned home from 7 weeks overseas. I was just so thankful to be able to browse a store without being followed!

This Life said...

We speak the same language! One of my favorite places ever especially if they have a starbucks!